Youth Leadership Council
BECOME A COMMUNITY LEADER >>
Think Pretend City is just for young kids? Think again! The Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is an advisory board consisting of young people committed to furthering the mission of Pretend City Children’s Museum. They provide a valuable bridge between the children who come here to learn and the adults who work behind the scenes.
Consistent with Pretend City’s educational philosophy, this group of young leaders work to positively impact their communities through leadership, philanthropy, education and awareness. The Youth Leadership Council provides an immersive experience for a multi-aged group of inspired youth, cultivating leadership skills through direct participation on a youth board of directors.
The Application for 2023-2024 is now closed!
The YLC is for middle school and high school students to expand their experience with philanthropy, and to be Pretend City ambassadors!
We look forward to your participation next year!
Upcoming Pretend City Events
YOUTH LEADERSHIP COUNCIL (YLC) >>
What Does The YLC Do?
- Serves as a youth board working alongside the directors of the museum
- Attends community events & leadership retreats as Pretend City representatives
- Plans and executes events that are hosted within the museum
- Helps raise awareness for various causes and activities like Neurodivergent Family Night, Good to Go from Head to Toe, and our Developing and Discovering Diversity Program
- Fundraises for the council and museum
Become Part Of The Team
The Youth Leadership Council is looking for innovative, dynamic, and passionate young leaders – grades 7-12 – who want their voices heard. Through the Council, you will not only begin to think, plan, act and achieve like a leader but also serve as a Pretend City ambassador to your school and your community.
Healthy Kids, Healthy Museum
To protect the health of Pretend City Children’s Museum community, we ask families to please only come play with us on days that everyone is feeling well.