GROUP VOLUNTEER DESCRIPTION >>
Our Group Volunteer program allows organizations to explore the children’s museum environment, interact with children and their grown-ups, and work on team-building skills. Potential roles that group volunteers may participate in are as follows:
- Administrative Support: Volunteers will help prep various upcoming art projects and programming (if you are a moonlighting artist, this is perfect for you and your group!), updating spreadsheets, assembling boxes for our grocery store, stuffing envelopes, packing give-away bags for events, and more! This is perfect for small-medium sized groups (7-10 volunteers max per shift)
- Special Events Support: Volunteers will help support our staff during various special events throughout the year including but not limited to Noon Years, When I Grow Up Day, Health Fair and offsite events. This role includes helping to set up, break down, and helping facilitate activities during the event. There is a lot of fun interaction between guests and the volunteers. This role is perfect for any group size.
Group Volunteer Requirements
- Group requests need to have a minimum of 5 people, maximum depends on volunteer role (Administrative -10 max., Special Events – varies)
- Volunteers need to be at least 12+ years old to participate
- Bottoms – Black Jeans, Black Capris or Black Bermuda shorts (no shorter than 2 inches above knee)
- Tops – Pretend City volunteer t-shirt will be available to wear. However, if your organization/company has specific volunteer day shirts you are welcomed to wear those.
- Shoes – Close-toed shoes
Pretend City Children’s Museum requires group shifts to be at least 2 hours long. Special event shift lengths will vary depending on the event. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 949-428-3900 ex 217 for more information about upcoming group volunteer opportunities.
For special event dates, contact volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Kids, Healthy Museum
To protect the health of Pretend City Children’s Museum community, we ask families to please only come play with us on days that everyone is feeling well.