Our Giving Culture

  • IMG_9534smaller
    IMG_9534smaller

  • Welcome and thank you for your interest in giving to Pretend City Children’s Museum.

    Philanthropy is an established practice in successful children’s museums. At Pretend City, it has been critical in our ability to provide a unique place where play has a purpose, important concepts are learned, and memories are made.  

    Individual, family, and corporate donations built Pretend City! The exhibits and programming you have come to love are not sustainable without philanthropic support. 

    Memberships and general admission tickets cover approximately 75% of our operating budget. The remaining 25% is contributed through several giving opportunities.    

    A gift to Pretend City means something different to each of us: 

    • Free developmental screeningsto identify strengths and concerns  
    • Freefield trips so all kids can experience our programs 
    • New booksbecause reading with children is key to early literacy 
    • More Baby Stepsofferings so working parents can attend with their little ones 
    • New instrumentsfor our summer Music Room 
    • New décor in Our Home so children embrace and learn from a diversity of cultures and families
    • More Expertsin early childhood who support and have answers 
    • Refreshed costumes in all shapes and sizes that allow dreams to soar 
    • resident artistwho encourages budding creativity 
    • Community outreach, including our new School Readiness Fair
    • New sets of building materialsin the Construction Zone 
    • Dedicated evenings for children with special needs

    We offer several opportunities to show your support – there is something for everyone!  

    ANNUAL GIVING    EVENTS   CORPORATE PARTNERS    FOUNDATION PARTNERS    COMMUNITY PARTNERS   

     We appreciate you. 

    Thank you for giving to Pretend City Children’s Museum, a 501c (3), nonprofit educational organization. All donations are tax deductible to the extend allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the deductibility of your gift. 

     Our tax identification number: 33-0761254 

     If you have questions or would like assistance with your gift, please contact Sue Harrison, Chief Development Officer. 

  • General Contributions

    Just click here to make your gift.

     

    Donate Online

  • PlayBuilder

    Become a Pretend City PlayBuilder with a minimum $10 recurring monthly gift.

     

    JOIN TODAY
  • Put your name on a book in our Library!

    Here at Pretend City we are all about encouraging kids to dream big. Now you can help your child dream even bigger by putting their name on a book at the Pretend City Library. Learn how here. 

  • Amazon Smile

    amazon_smile

    Shop for your items through our Amazon Smile and support Pretend City.

    Amazon Smile

  • Ways To Donate

    Contributions through donations and in-kind gifts are always accepted. With your tax-deductible donation, Pretend City can:

    • Name a Book in the Pretend City Library. Your families name will be proudly recognized on a “book” in the Library when you donate a minimum $75. Click Here to learn more.
    • Replenish toys, books, and supplies so our guests can keep playing in an outstanding environment
    • Provide free developmental screenings, health fairs, and family autism events
    • Deliver scholarship field trips to children who may otherwise not be able to attend the museum
    • Offer a wide range of excellent educational programming year after year
Top