Our Giving Culture
OUR GIVING CULTURE >>
Welcome and thank you for your interest in giving to Pretend City Children’s Museum.
Philanthropy is an established practice in successful children’s museums. At Pretend City, it has been critical in our ability to provide a unique place where play has a purpose, important concepts are learned, and memories are made.
Individual, family, and corporate donations built Pretend City! The exhibits and programming you have come to love are not sustainable without philanthropic support.
Memberships and general admission tickets cover approximately 70% of our operating budget. The remaining 30% is contributed through several giving opportunities.
We offer several opportunities to show your support – there is something for everyone!
Thank you for giving to Pretend City Children’s Museum, a 501c (3), nonprofit educational organization. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the deductibility of your gift.
Our tax identification number: 33-0761254
If you have questions or would like assistance with your gift, please contact Sue Harrison, Chief Development Officer.
A gift to Pretend City means something different to each of us
- Free field trips so all kids can experience our programs
- New books because reading with children is key to early literacy
- More Baby Steps offerings so working parents can attend with their little ones
- New instruments for our amphitheater performers
- New décor in Our Home so children embrace and learn from a diversity of cultures and families
- More experts in early childhood who support and have answers
- Refreshed costumes in all shapes and sizes that allow dreams to soar
- A resident artist who encourages budding creativity
- Community outreach, including our School Readiness Fair
- New sets of building materials in the Construction Zone
- Dedicated evenings for children with special needs
Healthy Kids, Healthy Museum
To protect the health of Pretend City Children’s Museum community, we ask families to please only come play with us on days that everyone is feeling well.