Screen Play Ready
Here’s some food for thought: All the skills that we have now we learned in the first 5 years of our lives. 90% of a child’s brain has developed before the age of 5. All the skills that we need in our adult life we developed in early childhood. Pretend City wants to bring the latest research and information about healthy child development to YOU!
Did You Know?
The Orange County kindergarten readiness data reports that almost 50% of Orange County children are not developmentally ready when they enter kindergarten.
Screen.Play.Ready! (SPR) Is Pretend City’s newest initiative funded by the Institute of Museums and Library Services. SPR provides families throughout Orange County the opportunity to learn about child development and the importance of early developmental screenings through Lunch & Learns and Community Partnerships. Pretend City wants to bring this valuable information to your community center or your place of business!
Lunch and Learns
Our Lunch and Learn program provides valuable information about healthy child development to your lunchroom or board room. Learn all about the importance of developmental screenings, child development, kindergarten readiness, and more!
- FREE education about healthy child development and kindergarten readiness for employees
- Tools on how to help children through their developmental milestones
- Resources for employees’ families
- FREE Pretend City Admission for all those who attend
Our Community Partners program provides the resources and tools needed to educate caregivers on how to complete FREE developmental screenings. Pretend City welcomes partnerships with community centers, libraries, shelters, and more throughout Orange County.
- Support for staff and parents
- Resources for parents including developmentally appropriate activities and information about their child’s development
- FREE Materials to provide developmental screenings on site
Healthy Kids, Healthy Museum
To protect the health of Pretend City Children’s Museum community, we ask families to please only come play with us on days that everyone is feeling well.