- This event has passed.
Cooking in the City With Alejandra Tapia
October 12 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm
Cooking in the City with Nana Joe!
Join us for an unforgettable experience as we team up with the renowned TikTok star, Alejandra, known as Nana Joe. Prepare your taste buds for an exciting journey as she shares her recipe for Arroz con Leche, a timeless classic that’s been passed down through generations.
Cooking with Nana Joe (TIMES: 11 am & 2:30 pm):
Recipe : Arroz con leche
- 4 cups of rice
- Cinnamon stick
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2tbs vanilla
- 1 cup Raisins
- Powder cinnamon
- Combine water, rice, and cinnamon sticks in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, uncovered, and cook for 16–18 minutes.
- Drain any remaining liquid, remove the cinnamon sticks, and return the rice to the pan over medium-high heat. Add sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and whole milk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly. The milk can easily burn, so it is important to stir constantly as it thickens.
- Divide rice among serving cups and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve warm.
About the play partner:
Alejandra Tapia is a home chef who is best known for packing lunches and pushing the boundaries of creativity in her kitchen. Originally from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Alejandra found her passion for cooking at the young age of 9 and has been creating amazing recipes for her loved ones including her two boys and her husband. She enjoys experimenting in her kitchen to find new ways to share her traditional recipes with a twist for the new generation to enjoy.
View her recipes here: https://www.tiktok.com/@nanajoe19