- This event has passed.
Pretend City’s 12th Birthday Bonanza!
August 28 - August 29
Saturday, August 28th – Sunday, August 29th
You are formally invited to Pretend City’s 12th birthday! In honor of the occasion, we’re throwing a giant party! It’s going to be a weekend filled with personalized party hats, sweet activities, real and concocted cakes, plus a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Our birthday party is taking over the museum! Join in on the fun through a number of activities:
- Smart Art (All Day):
- Delightful Dough: Mix up colorful “sweets” with an assortment of “ingredients” including playdough and sprinkles!
- Build-a-Cake: Channel your inner baker as you concoct and structure your very own birthday cake in the Art Studio!
- The Perfect Party Hat: Not only are you a guest, you’re a designer! This fun activity presents children with an opportunity to decorate their very own hat, one that’s perfect for the party!
- Birthday Banner: What’s a birthday without a banner? We need your help to create ours!
- Celebration in the Café! (All Day): Our café will have an assortment of celebratory faux-foods to serve guests including cake, ice cream, and cookies!
- The Scavenger Hunt (All Day): A city-wide scavenger hunt with a special birthday number theme! Hint, this scavenger won’t be a dime a dozen!
- Cake Cutting Celebration! (11:15 AM): Be sure to join us for a special surprise as we kick the party into full gear with a cake-cutting celebration!
- Headin‘ Home Birthday Celebration Parade (11:50 PM & 3:50 PM): Meet us in Orange Plaza for a final hurrah as we gather together to honor Pretend City’s 12th birthday with a special parade!
Grown-up Tip: Birthdays mark important milestones and, through group celebrations, create a sense of community. They also provide an environment for children to celebrate others, and expand their viewpoint to include those outside of themselves. As your family celebrates the birthdays, explain to your child why it’s important to acknowledge the milestones of those they love, and how fun it can be to participate in their celebrations!
Want to give Pretend City a birthday gift? Check out our Amazon Wish List and help us fill our exhibits with creative, useful, and educational items!
RSVP: Not Required
Fee: Free with admission | Have you been playing with us for 12 years or more? If so, your ticket is only $12!
Purpose Behind the Play: Number concept development, language development, creativity, and pro-social and helping behaviors
Be the Icing on the Cake! 70% of the cake is raised through admissions, but the icing on the cake comes from individuals just like YOU. You can support Pretend City with “confetti, candles, streamers, banners” and more. Click here for more details!