- This event has passed.
Way To Play Day
November 13, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
This month at our Way to Play Day, we’re focusing on fine motor skills! Join us as our guides highlight how to make playtime in the museum more educational! We will also be offering FREE developmental screenings, hearing screenings, and dental screenings brought to you by our Good To Go team!
Exhibit Focus: Post Office Developmental Goal: Fine Motor Skills
Time: 10:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. Good To Go From Head To Toe, Pretend City’s child development initiative, together with our play partners, are here to assist you with:
- Parenting resources: Connecting families to developmental, behavioral, learning, parenting, educational and support services.
- ASQ Developmental Check-ups from 10:00am to 3:00pm: Assess speech, motor, cognitive and social areas (first come, first served; limited spaces available). This month’s ASQ Screening performed by Good to Go team.
- Dental Screenings from 10:00am to 3:00pm: Healthy Smiles of OC will be here to complete dental screenings for children and educating parents on instilling healthy dental hygiene habits throughout their families.
- Play Partner: The Good to Go from Head to Toe Team, Healthy Smiles OC; Pretendgineers and Brain Builders; our experienced stage staff of trained early childhood and development educators.
Grown-up Tip: This month focus on the Farm as your purposeful play space. Play “follow the leader” and harvest one fruit or vegetable, name it, and have your child copy you. Now, have your child be the leader! This game will help build your child’s vocabulary.
RSVP: Not required
Fee: Activities are included with museum admission
– Wednesday to Saturday (10 am – 12: pm & 1 pm to 4:00 pm)
– Sunday (11 am – 1 pm & 2 pm to 5:00 pm)
– MEMBERS MAY ENTER 1 HOUR BEFORE OPENING IN THE MORNING