- This event has passed.
Way to Play Day
Friday, July 8, | 9 AM – 3 PM | 2nd Friday of the Month
Parents are experts on their children and Pretend City is here to support healthy development during the most important years.
Specifically, for: Infants (birth -12 months), Young Toddlers (12-24 months), Toddlers (2-4 years), Preschoolers (4-5 years); Grown-ups
Good to Go From Head to Toe, Pretend City’s child development initiative, together with our play partners, are here to assist you with:
- Parenting resources: Connecting families to developmental, behavioral, learning, parenting, educational and support services.
- ASQ Developmental Check-ups (9 AM – 3 PM): Our Good To Go Specialist will be providing developmental screenings that track your child’s growth in the following areas: gross motor, fine motor, problem-solving, social-emotional, and communication.
- Speech & Language (9 AM – 12 NOON): Barbara Moore from Speech Pathology Associates will be providing assessments
- Vision Screenings (9 AM – 12 PM) UCI Mobile Eye Van will conduct FREE vision screenings.
- Innovate ABA (9 AM – 12 PM): Whether your child is neurodivergent with a qualifying diagnosis for ABA therapy, or you’re looking for a little extra support to help your neurotypical child fine tune some challenging behaviors, Innovate ABA is here to assist you in the process.
Grown-up Tip: The first three years of a child’s life are the most important for brain development. Filling out a developmental questionnaire will assess your child’s skills in the five areas of development. We conduct in-person screenings on the second Friday of every month!
RSVP: Not required
Fee: Check-ups and activities are included with museum admission