- This event has passed.
Baby Steps: Babystock
April 10, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Sunday, April 10 | 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Welcome to Babystock! It’s a hippy dippy morning filled with peace, love, good vibes, music, movement, and flower power painting!
Purpose Behind the Play: Physical development through fine motor practice, sensory exploration, concept development, and color recognition.
Specifically, for: Infant (0-18 months), grownups. For the comfort of our infant guests, no older siblings please.
Art Studio Sessions (8:00 AM – 9:15 AM):
- Flower Power > Head on over to the Art Studio to dive into a flower power sensory bin. Engage your senses with soft, calming textures and blissful smells.
- Full Body Expression > Join the fun of our collaborative baby art piece as we body paint on a large canvas with our friends.
Music & Movement: Gather in Orange Plaza for a friendly drum circle with wooden sticks and tambourines too!
Yoga in the park: Bond with your baby through movement as we stretch and breathe deep, flowing into grounding moves and techniques.
Sensational Story Time:
- Amazing Me! Music! > A young boy compares himself to different animals as he gets as loud as a lion or as slow as a snail.
- Ain’t Gonna Paint No More > Nothing keeps this little guy from painting! And he certainly can’t be constrained to paper!
Sandy Avzaradel from Start Well OC will be providing resources and information to families about early childhood and the importance of social-emotional wellness. Start Well OC can give parents and caregivers the tools to work with their child on different skills to promote a happy healthy childhood.
- Piper Preschool is coming to Irvine in fall of 2022! Using a blended approach of educational, philosophy, children begin with an emergent curriculum are gradually exposed to traditional education as they get older. Piper Preschool serves families six weeks to Pre-K with tours starting late February for fall enrollment.
Grown-up Tip: When you, as a parent, take a genuine interest in your child’s favorite things, it allows you two to bond. When they’re little, their interests can seem simple – an animal, a character, a food, a place. But how can you build on it? If they love dogs, can you take them to say “hi” to all the animals in a shelter? Maybe they love Thomas – is there a local train station? Perhaps they really love strawberries – take them to your local farm to see where strawberries come from! The experience will strengthen your bond and enhance their understanding of that object.
Don’t forget to pick up a free Ages & Stages Questionnaire! to ensure your little one is developing on track! They’re FREE, fast and easy!
RSVP: Registration coming
Max 100 | First come, first served
Fee: When you register online: $10 per adult, infants and Pretend City Members are FREE! $12 at the door
**Activity times may vary and are subject to change