Annual Noon-Year’s Confetti Countdown!
Friday, December 31
5..4..3..2..1..HAPPY NOON YEAR! Join us for our annual New Year’s Celebration in the middle of the day! We will celebrate the new year at different times throughout the day as the sun travels across the different time zones! There will be a confetti countdown at 4 different times to celebrate the new year in Bangladesh, Dubai, Athens, and London, as it turns to midnight in these different cities! We will also have New Year’s activities and art for our little ones to enjoy!
Purpose Behind the Play: Literacy and communication, language development, social-emotional development, number concepts, gross and locomotor practice, and science cognition
Twas’ the day before New Year’s and all through the city the citizens are stirring and buzzing about! With sparkling streamers, blowouts, noise makers, and confetti that will make this the party of all parties!
“It’s Midnight Somewhere” Confetti Countdown Times:
9:45 a.m. (Dhaka, Bangladesh) (Member’s Only Countdown)
11:45 a.m. (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
2:00 p.m. (Athens, Greece)
3:45 p.m. (London, England)
- Smart Art (Times Vary): Visit the Art Studio where we’ll have a flurry of noon year-themed art activities for you and your children to create.
- Noise Maker – Come to the art studio and create your own noise maker shake as we bring in the new year!
- Resolution Hat –Create your own hat to wear to our noon year party!
- Winter Prints – Using toilet paper rolls and paint, we will stamp fireworks on sheets to resemble the night sky as we welcome the new year!
- Math Matters (11 AM): Countdown Clock > Let’s count from 1-10 and then back down again from 10-1! Children will use various materials such as buttons, beads, and other manipulatives to practice their counting skills, learn one to one correspondence, and the ability to count backwards which will be a useful skill to use for our Noon-Year’s eve countdown.
Grown-up Tip:The new year is a wonderful opportunity to focus on the fresh and new – what does your family want to accomplish or create this upcoming year? What opportunities are there? Is there a fun tradition you can enjoy together on the first of every year? Maybe you go to the beach and talk about your favorite memories from the year prior. Maybe it’s a specific movie you watch together on the couch. Or maybe it’s a favorite restaurant you all enjoy. Or simply a favorite treat! Regardless of what new tradition you create, it’s the collaboration, optimism, and intentionality that make it meaningful.
RSVP: Not required
Fee: Included with museum admission